Events

Sorrento, Italy - 2021

2nd October – 16th October 2021

Relais Regina Giovanna, Via calata di Puolo, 1 – 80067 Sorrento Italia

John & Julia Scott

29th Oct – 1st November 2020

Atelier, Prinzenstraße 84, 10969 Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany

Greg Nardi Workshop

Dates to be confirmed for 2021

Ashtanga Mitte Berlin, Yogatribe, Neue Schönhauser Strasse 16, 10178 Berlin-Mitte

John & Julia Scott

[ps2id id=’John-and-Julia-Scott-Berlin-Intensive’ /]

Balancing Surya & Chandra Nadis

Berlin AVY Intensive

29th October - 1st November 2020

John-and-Julia-Scott-Berlin-Intensive

Welcoming John and Julia Scott to Berlin

We are extremely happy to announce that we will be hosting John and Julia in Berlin this October.

The four day Intensive will consist of Sanskrit counted morning practices, one assisted self practice and afternoon workshops with a different focus every day. John and Julia will be assisted by Tom Austin and Ann-Kathrin Weddige, who are both long term students of John.

This workshop is only suitable for practitioners who have at least completed the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa).

John Scott

John Scott has been a student of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga since 1987, when he was initially taught by Derek Ireland, who then introduced him to K Pattabhi Jois. Patthabi Jois became John’s root teacher, connecting him to the source of this practice. In this way John is one of the few senior teachers who was fortunate to learn in detail in small groups in Mysore, India before AVY became popular.

John’s often metaphorical teaching is embedded in ancient philosophy and symbolism, yet analytical and technical (The Counted Method), while humorous. He sees the practice of yoga as an ongoing journey of deep enquiry of who we truly are and as an opportunity to connect with the purpose of our existence in this physical plane. It is through the practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and continuous self enquiry that John is able to bring all his experiences and meditations into his life work of sharing.

Julia Grant-Scott

Julia, who is an actress and dancer, was already introduced to yoga at the age of 18, practicing Iyengar Yoga and Buddhist Meditation. In 2014 however, when Julia was initiated to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, it was apparent to her that this one dynamic practice encompassed all the magic and wonder of a mystical journey of self-expression and discovery. Meeting John in 2016, she since has balanced two lives between assisting yoga retreats in different countries and acting. In 2017, she completed her 200 hour John Scott Yoga Teacher Training. Julia’s teaching is inspired by her multiple disciplines, helping the students to feel met and supported, allowing for their inner expression to be articulated.

The Schedule

Thursday 29th October – Sunday 1st November 2020

Thursday 29th  8.30am – 11am

The Counted Method

Sanskrit Counted Primary Series

2.30pm – 5pm

“That man is only exercising”

Going beyond the physical

Putting a 1% Theory into Practice

Theory / Practice class

Friday 30th 8.30am – 11am 

Morning Whispers

Sanskrit Counted Primary and Intermediate Series

2.30pm – 5pm

The AVYoga Trinity

“Posture – FreeBreathing – LookingPlace”

Discovering Ashtanga Yoga

Theory Class

Saturday 31st 8.30am – 11am 

TA – Transcendental Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga

Sanskrit Counted Primary and Intermediate Series

2.30pm – 5pm

Balancing Sun and Moon

Theory / Technique / Pranayama class

Sunday 1st 8.30am – 11am 

Eclipsing the Sun

Assisted Self-Practice

2.30pm – 5pm

Transcending the plane of the Ego 

Connecting to the selfless Self

Closing Circle

Price

Full 4 day Berlin Intensive – €350 (including 16% VAT)

What do you need to bring?

Your own mat and an adjustment towel

A drinks bottle – Drinking water is available there for refills

Location

Atelier, Prinzenstraße 84, 10969 Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany

Facebook Event

John & Julia Scott Berlin Intensive

John and Julia’s Website

johnscottyoga.com

Booking

This workshop is only suitable for practitioners who have at least completed the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa).

The workshop will be taught in English.

As spaces are limited you will need to fill out the booking form below to request a place on the workshop. Once you have received a confirmation email saying that you have a place, you will need to make the full payment within 3 days to complete the booking.

Refund Policy: Please note that all bookings are non-refundable, except if the Intensive has to be cancelled due to John and Julia unexpectedly being affected by traveling restrictions. In this case a 75% refund will be given to all participants. Please understand that the remaining non-refundable 25% will be used to cover expenses of administration and space rental.

John and Julia Scott Booking Request Form